Anti Ragging Cell (Krupa Raksha)
According to UGC regulation on curbing the Menace of ragging, Krupanidhi Degree College has set up the Krupa Raksha (Anti Ragging Cell) to address the prevention of ragging in higher education.
The Krupa Raksha (Anti Ragging Cell) in Krupanidhi Degree College ensure ragging free environment throughout the campus to save numerous students lives and create healthy atmosphere in the institutions. The Cell was established on July 2013.
About Anti Ragging Cell
The main focus is to avoid teasing or abusing any students through physically and verbally in and around college. Anti Ragging Cell was established in Krupanidhi Degree College - # 12/1, Chikkabellandur, Carmelaram Post, Varthur Hobli, Bengaluru in the year 2013.
Anti Ragging Cell focuses in the given below provisions relating with Indian Penal Code
The provisions for prevention of Ragging in higher education
The provisions in the Indian penal code are to prevent ragging in educational institutions and safeguard students life.The students can use the provisions to register an FIR in the police station. Those provisions are:-
- 294 – Obscene acts and songs
- 323 – Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt
- 324 – Voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapon or means
- 325 – Punishment for voluntarily causing grievous hurt
- 326 – Voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapon
- 339 – Wrongful Restraint
- 340 – Wrongful Confinement
- 341 – Punishment for wrongful Restraint
- 342 – Punishment for Wrongful Confinement
- 506 – Punishment for Culpable homicide not amounting to murder
To maintain harmonious and pleasant educational ambiance
To look into the complaints lodged by students and voice their genuine grievances
- To prohibit any sort of physical or verbal abusing which cause psychological harm, frustration and anxiety among any students.
- To prevent ragging in effective manner, taking feedbacks at regular inTo look into the complaints lodged by students and voice their genuine grievancesterval from students on any such activities.
- Promptly and strictly dealing with the ragging incidents brought to our notice.
- To create awareness how to prohibit, prevent and eliminate menace of ragging.
- To abolish hierarchical domination and exploitation by superiors as well as batch mates under same college.
- Create a prompt command against ragging
- Provide supportive and favorable environment in and around campus.
- Promotes healthy inter-personal relationship among junior and senior.
- Involve the college management, faculties and students to be a part of anti ragging programme.